STAJEZ SUMMER GEMS
2020 Registration Information
Stajez Summer Gems Program Mission:
To elevate each dancer to their fullest potential. We are dedicated to the development and growth of every dancer and are committed to help them reach their personal goals. Students will leave with increased confidence, self-esteem, knowledge of dance and the Arts as well as improved technique. Every dancer whether beginner or advance should have a goal to reach and we are here to help them attain it!
We have developed a 5-week summer program designed and geared toward female students ages 7-14 who show great interest in dance and the Performing Arts. Stajez Summer Gems program provides students with professional training by instructors who have over 25 years of experience in the arts. Our instructors are local & international artists.
Dance Genres: Ballet, Modern, Tap, Hip-Hop, West African, Afro-Caribbean, Liturgical, Flamingo & Step. Each week virtually we will have guest speakers educate the girls on the importance of education, respect, social skills, family, nutrition & the history of black dance.
Students will focus on the following:
- Proper body placement and dance technique
- The fundamentals of dance and performance
- Dance history/music theory
- Helpful audition techniques toward landing professional work as dancers/performers.
- Artist Development to enhance each students full potential as a dancer/performer for stage
- Each student will be given helpful information on nutrition, proper workout & conditioning techniques and overall healthy living lifestyles
- Costuming, stage management, hair, make-up, set design, technical design & lighting.
Submit a completed Stajez Summer Gems program application along with the registration fee of $50.00 to secure your child's slot. The tuition for the first half of session one is due no later than July 3rd 2020.
Enrollment: Enrollment is limited to a maximum of 12 students per session following the CDC guidelines. This total will also ensure that each student will receive proper individual attention. Each group will have no more than 6 students per room to adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
Final Showcase: On Friday, August 14 at 6:30pm all campers will produce an original production to showcase what they've learned.
- Registration fee:$50.00
- Tuition: $625.00 ($125.00 per week)
- Standard Pay: $312.50 by July 3rd and $312.50 no later than July 27th
- Lunch: Due to CDC Guidelines Lunches are NOT provided. Campers must bring individually packed and labeled lunch and snacks.
- Transportation: We DO NOT provide transportation
- Program Hours: There are two sessions to choose from that run Monday through Friday. Session one 8:00am-12:00pm & Session two 2:00pm-6:pm
- We accept Cash, Money orders & Cashapp
- All payments are NON REFUNDABLE
- We DO NOT offer Credits or Transfers for payments on accounts at any time
- If your payment is not made by the due date we cannot guarantee a slot for your child. If payment is made late and we are able to secure a slot for your child there will be a $25 late fee included that must be paid at that time.
- Late pick-up policy: There will be a charge of $1.00 per minute that you are late picking up your child. There is only a 10 minute grace period. Your child will not be allowed to participate in the program the next business day unless the late fee is paid. There are NO EXCEPTIONS
- Royal blue tank leotard & Black biker shorts
- Black tap shoes
- Flesh tone ballet shoes
Daily dress code: Campers must wear sneakers daily. No skirts, dresses or flip flops at any time.
Due to Covid-19 & CDC regulations we will not have access to the pool. We will however visit the community sprinklers. Please provide a swimsuit, towel & water shoes daily. ALL ITEMS MUST GO HOME DAILY TO BE WASHED.
Stajez Summer Gems 2019
Summer Gems final performance of the summer dance camp. Students performed several original routines for family and friends that they created.